Wednesday, April 17, 2013

WHO AM I???



 
Have you ever asked yourself: WHO AM I, REALLY?    I once led a group in which we pondered this question. Many of them struggled to let go of the perception, WHAT I DO IS WHO I AM. They judged themselves harshly for whatever mistakes they perceived theirs. I happen to disagree with this premise. Not one of us has made it through this life without committing errors that even we don't believe in, that we understand within ourselves to be wrong for us and others. With the understanding that these mistakes, sins, errors, or whatever you want to term them are wrong, the last thing that we would want to do is assign them identity status and allow our misdeeds to define who we are. SUCH IS A FALSE IDENTITY. What really defines you? (See my thoughts at TherapyThought.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment